Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Scrumptious Scones


Now, don't get me wrong, I love baking desserts and cupcakes, but often the baked goods that I appreciate the most are my breakfast pastries.  It is always wonderful to start the day with a delicious, home-baked scone or muffin.


In the past couple weeks I have made a couple different kinds of scones and muffins.  First, I made dried cherry and lemon scones, using the delicious dried cherries from Cherry Republic in Charlevoix.  The recipe is exactly the same as my blueberry scone recipe, except I used chopped dried cherries instead of dried blueberries.



Those were soon gone, so today I decided on a batch of cinnamon scones.  Again, I used the same recipe mentioned before, but to make them stand out as cinnamon scones I used brown sugar (instead of regular white sugar), 4 tsp of ground cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg.


They definitely have a good, strong cinnamon flavor to them, and will make a perfect breakfast for the next few days!


Happy Baking!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment