Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Raspberry Pudding Cakes


My week in glorious Charlevoix, Michigan ended last Saturday with a long drive home.  We packed up the car with our clothes, books, and (as it luckily happened) some leftover goodies.  The day before we left we stocked up on some extra fudge and taffy and went berry picking a second time.  Luckily the berries survived the long trip home, and I was able to bake with them!


I chose this gorgeous-looking raspberry pudding cake that I came across while searching for recipes on foodgawker.  I had originally planned on making it in my first batch of raspberry treats in Michigan, but my mother suggested that we wait until I was home where we could make individual servings in our smaller dishes.  I agreed, and thus the mini raspberry pudding cake was born.


It was a really interesting dish to make.  I have never made a pudding cake before, so I was unsure of what to expect in the intermediate steps.  Isabelle's directions were spot-on though; she reassured you at each step that the batter should look this way or that, even if it wasn't what you were used to with a cake.


I was so excited to try these when they came out of the oven that I could barely wait the suggested 15 minutes before plunging in.  When I did, I was rewarded with a moist cake that gave way to a layer of oozing pudding underneath.  It was quite spectacular, although I probably should have waited a bit longer as the pudding was still a bit too hot!


Bon Appétit!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment