Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Fruit

Welcome to the Cupcake Suite!  (Name comes from a not-so-long story to be explained shortly.)  I have been avidly checking up on all of my favorite food blogs, especially since the start of summer, and I was recently inspired to post some of my own creations- so here goes.  Now I don't know what is going to become of this blog- will I update it ever? Or will this post be the first and last it sees?  Will I even finish this post?  Hopefully I can keep it up.  I used to always keep a journal during the summers when I was little; maybe this could suffice.


Well, here's a start anyways.  I have fallen in love with summer all over again.  On Saturday I went to a local farm with the family and we came home with what I thought would be way to much fruit- or stuff rather.  See we went to pick blueberries, but ended up picking not only blueberries but also blackberries and peaches, we cut our own flowers, and snagged some watermelon, cucumber, and corn from the farm store.  Well three days later all that remains is an eight of the watermelon an half a cucumber.  The fruit was incredible; really nothing can beat just picked berries.  The blueberries ended up in muffins and fourth of July pie, the blackberries went into smoothies, the watermelon made a great picnic drink, and the peaches were snacked on before I could muster up the energy to put them in a galette.  The treats were all incredible and now all I can think of is how I want to go back next Saturday.  I just might, actually.

Well If you've made it this far, thanks for reading!  You deserve some pictures too- so here they are.

White and Yellow Peaches

Blueberries

Enormous Blackberries!

Fresh Cut Zinnias


Happy Summer
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment