Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Perfectly Peach


Mocktails are a new obsession.  (You know, cocktails without the alcohol.)  They are especially fun in the summer, with all of the delicious farm fresh fruit.  There was one lonely peach left in the refrigerator this evening, so I decided to put it to good use.  I didn't have a recipe on hand so I just made it up as I went.  I think it turned out pretty well- definitely a refreshing summer drink!

Recipe after the pictures!


Peach Daiquiri
(makes 1)

1/2 peach, sliced
1/2 oz grenadine
juice of 1/2 of a lemon
1 oz seltzer water or club soda
ice

Combine peach slices, grenadine, and lemon juice in a blender.  Add ice several pieces at a time until drink is desired consistency.  Add club soda and lightly blend until combined.  Serve with a lemon and/or peach slice.

the aftermath

Happy summer, enjoy!

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment