Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Marvelous Muffins

Baking for breakfast is my absolute favorite.  It always makes for a happier day when you can start out at breakfast with a delicious home-baked pastry.  I have already gone through blueberry scones and blueberry pancakes, so the next move had to be blueberry muffins!


I have made blueberry muffins numerous times, but often they end up more like a cupcake with no frosting.  (Think butter, sugar, eggs, flour, milk.... basically exactly the same as a cupcake recipe.)  So this time I was looking for a recipe that would give me that cherished rustic muffin top.  This recipe did just the trick.  I found one from Canadian Living that used yogurt and had an option for whole wheat flour.


These muffins made a delicious AND healthy breakfast!  I would love to try these again with white flour and lemon (instead of the orange used in the recipe), and I think this recipe would also make delicious chocolate chip muffins (I might add a bit of extra oil in this case since you wouldn't have the juice from the berries).


Enjoy!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment