Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Blueberries


Blueberries are one of my favorite summer fruits.  They are best in the middle of summer in just about any baked good- pies, cupcakes, and of course muffins!  After returning from my long trip to Morocco I was dying to bake some good summer treats, and this recipe looked irresistible.


I love adding lemon to blueberry muffins, but this recipe called for lavender as well.  I couldn't resist trying it out.  The recipe uses lavender buds, but I substituted them for a half teaspoon of lavender extract.  Next time I may add just a splash more for a little more lavender flavor.


Even so, they came out fantastically.  Bake them on convect at 350° for the first 8 minutes or so to give them a nice crisp top.


These muffin make a fantastic summer breakfast treat or snack, and the lavender adds just a bit more depth to the flavor- absolutely lovely!

-Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment