Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pizza Night


Pizza is one of those special meals that I have never in my life disliked.  As a kid I was a very picky eater, but pizza night never began with any complaints.  Pizza night became even more special when we started making our own pizzas rather than ordering them out.


After going through a few pizza stones, we recently settled on a cast iron pan on the grill as our preferred pizza cooking method.  It makes incredibly crispy crusts- much better than the standard pizza pan for the oven.


My pizza of choice is the classic Margherita- tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and basil.  I also add a bit of garlic and olive oil before the sauce goes on and finish with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.



Pepperonis and prosciutto also go nicely with the original Margherita and add a bit extra flavor.


Pizza on the patio on a warm summer evening is one of my quintessential summer meals- and I have two more months of pizza nights to look forward to this summer.


Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment