Thursday, July 19, 2012

Raspberry Angel Cupcakes


This was my first attempt at angel food cake, and I was really pleased with the results.  I have always enjoyed angel food cake but never had the courage to try it out.  I was looking for a really light cake a few days ago, and decided to just go for it.


I found this recipe from How Sweet It Is and followed it exactly.  I even sifted the flour AND powdered sugar (which I am usually too lazy to do).  I divided the recipe by 3, since I wasn't making these for any special event and there weren't too many friends around to pawn them off on, and it turned out to make 9.


The cupcakes turned out beautifully, and I frosted them with a standard cream cheese-buttercream with a dash of raspberry and lemon extract.  Essentially I whipped half a stick of butter, two ounces of cream cheese, two cups of powdered sugar, a dash of each extract, and a dash of half-and-half.


And voila! beautiful, light, raspberry angel cakes!  These would have also been good with a dollop of raspberry jam filled in the center of the baked cakes.  Oh well, next time!


Margaret

2 comments:

  1. These look awesome! Following you gladly!!

    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.hk/

    ReplyDelete