Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Cupcakes


College can be hard.  There is lots of work- that paper that is due on Monday or that lab report that you haven't started yet, and don't forget the reading that was due yesterday that you have yet to do.  But there are certain things that make these problems (and problem sets) go away, at least for a little bit.  One of those is nutella.  My friends and I have somewhat of a nutella addiction, especially when it is on pineapple, but for these cupcakes I decided to go with peanut butter as the pairing.


They were quite divine.  The cake was a little dense, but a really peanut buttery and delicious recipe from How Sweet It Is.


For the frosting, I just whipped a couple large dollops of nutella with half a stick of butter and 4 oz of cream cheese.  Then I added powdered sugar a half a cup at a time until I was around 2 1/2 cups of sugar.  A splash of milk if necessary and voila- nutella with extra sugar and butter!  It is quite a happy little cupcake.

Bon Appétit
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment