Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Black and White Cheesecakes


Does a mini oreo cheesecake count as a cupcake?  Hmm, not entirely, I guess, although the cupcake suite doesn't mind the slight discrepancies.  Out of all the cupcakes I have baked for my suitemates, these might just be their favorites.  And that is saying quite a bit.


I have been making these cupcakes/cheesecakes for at least over a year now, and I never get sick of them.  They are super easy to make as well.  Unlike a regular cheesecake, you don't need to separately bake a cookie crust- the oreo is the crust!  And you don't need to worry about a water bath while baking; these are small enough that they shouldn't crack.


The recipe is exactly the same as my Mini Golden Oreo Lime Cheesecakes, except you replace golden oreos for regular (preferably not double stuffed) and replace the lime with a teaspoon of vanilla.


Bon Appétit
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment